Dispatcher & Customer Service Associate
Inside Sales / Customer Service Associates
Branch Location: Kansas City, KS
Job Type: Transportation, Customer Service
Experience: At Least 2 years in Building Materials & DOT Dispatching
Date Posted: 07-08-2018
SPEC Building Materials Corporation is recognized as one of the nation’s leading wholesale distributors of the highest quality building materials, equipment and products for both commercial and residential roofing contractors. Since 1973, SPEC has strategically grown to thirty-six convenient branch locations in markets throughout the Midwest, the South and Southeastern regions.
The SPEC Dispatch - Customer Service Associate is responsible for order placement, general sales information and product requirements, pricing, delivery coordination and more. Most often they are the customer’s first point-of-contact.
- Schedule outgoing freight
- Supervise a team of drivers and loaders
- Answer questions regarding deliveries for customers
- Keep trucks DOT compliant as well as completing all daily paperwork
- Advise customers on inventory levels and pricing
- Sell building materials to our customers from the customer service counter
- High School Diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of computers and software
- The ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience in a building materials related industry
- Strong math skills
- General knowledge of the local area
SPEC Building Materials… Your Solutions Partner.