Regional Vice President
SPEC Building Materials Corporation is recognized as one of the nation’s leading wholesale distributors of the highest quality building materials, equipment and products for both commercial and residential roofing contractors. Since 1973, SPEC has strategically grown to thirty-six convenient branch locations in markets throughout the Midwest, the South and Southeastern regions.
We’re in search of team leaders who would like to run a business as if it were their own. A SPEC Regional Vice President has the full P&L operating responsibility for his or her assigned branch locations. The position focus is to drive local sales while serving as a mentor and coach for branch managers.
- Develop and Monitor Performance of the Sales & Profit Plan
- Drive Sales and Extraordinary Customer Satisfaction
- Provide Leadership - Training and Mentoring of Branch Associates
- Develop New Location and Growth Opportunities
- Promote from within and Recruit Top Talent
- Develop Vendor Relationships
- Assist Branch Managers - Budgeting and Inventory Strategies
- Loss Prevention and Safety Culture
- Facilities & Equipment - Insure Organization and Maintenance
- Influence Positive Team Chemistry
- Preferably a 4 year BS in Marketing/Sales, Business.
- Five years of building materials distribution experience.
- Five years prior management experience (preferably in the building material distribution industry).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook PowerPoint, Excel and Internet.
- Products: Residential & Commercial Roofing, Residential Windows, Entry Doors & Exterior Siding
- Must possess the entrepreneur spirit; be self-motivated, and enthusiastic about our business.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, management skills and attitude.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must be analytical and able to solve problems.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be ethical and honest.
- Must have experience in the building material distribution industry, particularly selling residential and commercial roofing products, with demonstrated success in those products to a local contractor base.
- Must be dependable and have a current state issued driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be legally entitled to work in the United States.
- Must be able to pass a company required drug test.
SPEC Building Materials… Your Solutions Partner.